Beef stock cubes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180degrees/ gas mark 4.
2. Finely chop your onion and garlic and fry on a low heat, in a small amount of oil until soft.
3. Whilst your onion and garlic are frying pour a small amount of plain flour into a bowl. Placing each piece of beef into the bowl, ensure they are all lightly covered in plain flour and add to the frying pan. Fry until brown all over.
4. Once the gravy is added, pour in your mixed veg, crush in your beef stock cube and add the mustard until it too your required taste. Allow the veg to heat up for about 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
5. Now the filling is done, its time to make your pastry! See my previous post on easy to make shortcrust pastry recipe.(If you are going to line the bottom of your pie with pastry make 2 batches of dough and continue with step 6. If you are only making a top to your pie then the make one batch and jump to step 7.)
6. Apply a good amount of butter all over your pie dish, Roll out your pastry to the desired size and line the bottom of your tin ensuring you leave some pastry hanging over the side of the dish.
9. Place your pie into the oven to cook for approximately an hour. When golden brown all over it is ready.